À coté du Toutpousse nous avons trouvé un sureau avec des belles fleurs…
It’s May and the elderflowers are out! We picked elderflowers to make cordial, and had some left for other projects that I will tell you about another time.
We like to drink the cordial with tap or sparkling water with ice blocks!
- A 10l bucket filled with elderflowers (not the leaves, but stalks are ok)
- 3kg sugar
- 4l water
- 1kg organic oranges
- 4 organic lemons (500g)
- 100g citric acid from the pharmacy
- Disolve the sugar in some hot water and leave to cool.
- Wash, then shred the oranges and lemons on a mandoline and place on top or the elderflowers.
- Pour the sugar water into the elderflower bucket and top up with plain water to cover everything.
- Weigh down with a plate and leave 24-36 hours.
- Strain into a big saucepan and heat to 50 C to pasteurise, fill into bottles while hot.
- I’ll tell you what to…
View original post 235 mots de plus